Sheffield Homestays have affordable rooms to let close to Meadowhall & IKEA, Sheffield. We offer all our guests full, exclusive use of our 2nd floor Guest TV & Movie lounge.
It is a lovely, peaceful place to relax and unwind – so there’s no need to retire to your bedroom after a long journey or a day sightseeing. Indeed, some of our short-break & long-haul guests have actually spent more time up there than exploring the local area!
We also offer full shared use of our spacious kitchen-diner, laundry facilities and garden with table & seating PLUS access to our online Visitors Guide.
Our Guest TV & Movie Lounge features:
- 40″ TV with FreeSat & DVD player with a selection of DVD’s including: Action Blockbusters, World Cinema, Musicals, Drama & Family titles.
- Small Fridge suitable for snacks & drinks. There’s also a kettle, mugs, bottled water, coffee, tea, sugar, sweetener and tasty treats.
- Board Games selection for all ages including: Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly (Sheffield Edition), Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Connect 4.
- Books & Local Tourist Information. A selection of novels, local attraction leaflets, bus and rail timetables plus several books on Buddhism.
- 3-seater Sofa, 2 Beanbags, Comfy Chair & Single Bed. Desk/workstation area. Free Wi-Fi access (in all rooms). Skylight with great views.
Please note: Our guest rooms are on the 1st & 2nd floor so may be unsuitable for anyone with limited mobility. Check out our FAQ’s page then contact us if you have any further questions / special requests or to make a reservation.
What our guests have to say:
“We had a brilliant time. (The hosts) are so thoughtful! We arrived late’ish on Halloween and they had decorated the TV room with bat shaped fairy lights and put out a trail of sweets for the kids leading to the top floor. The girls loved it. The house and garden are spotless and the beds are very comfortable. The area is quiet and convenient for the city centre…”
Jessica & family – Reading, UK